Keeping Us Safe's Nationally Recognized
"Enhanced Self-Assessment Program"
for Older Drivers
Don't give tragedy the opportunity to strike your family!
"Our self-assessment program for older drivers provides families with the missing link between
their desire to bring this issue to a peaceful resolution, and their ability to actually do so."
Founder, Keeping Us Safe
Is the "Enhanced Self-Assessment Program"
the answer to your family's worries and concerns?
- Do you live away from your loved-one and aren't completely sure of his or her ability to continue driving safely?
- Could you use some help and direction plotting the future of your loved one's safe driving career?
- Are you unsure of how to address the issue with your loved one, or confused about how to initiate "the talk"?
- Not sure what resources are available to you?
- Do you want a skilled and experienced professional to help bring or maintain calm and stability to what can be a very complex and sensitive family issue?
- Are you looking for a program that will help further your loved one's ability to remain a safe driver, and to continue to monitor their skills as they progress through the aging process?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, then we encourage you to
call us (toll-free) at 877-907-8841 to schedule an appointment for your loved-one.
Our 3-hour, one-on-one session includes:
- Several pen and paper, cognitive and memory related exercises
- An actual on-road driving exercise (assuming it's safe to do so!)
- An in-depth Learning Conversation
Other program intricacies:
- Within 10 days of the session, the family will receive a written report recapping the details and findings of the session.
- Our driving exercise is performed in your loved one's own car and is performed on routes and in neighborhoods they are most familiar with.
- This self-assessment serves as an additional tool for the older driver and his/her family. As such, results of the session are not reported to the DMV/BMV.
- Medical referrals or doctor prescriptions are accepted but are not required.
- We have very carefully replaced complicated and intimidating driving simulators with the lost art of genuine conversation and personal observation. We will not plug your loved one into a computer or strap them into a simulator.
- We identify those drivers that are at an "elevated" risk for a future traffic accident.
- Our sessions are facilitated in the home of the older driver, at the comfort of their own kitchen table.
- We value and welcome the input of family, friends and caregivers.
- Is your loved-one still a safe driver? We can offer tips on how to remain safe as he or she progresses through the aging process.
- Our Certified "Beyond Driving with Dignity" Professionals know that when older drivers feel they are being heard, they are much more likely to support, rather than merely comply with any resulting decisions. We accomplish this through our in-depth learning conversation with the older driver.
- Our goal is to get your loved one's session scheduled within 5 business days of your call, eliminating lengthy delays in scheduling and reducing the amount of anticipation anxiety on your loved one.
- Payment methods include cash, checks and credit cards.
Certified “Beyond Driving with Dignity” Professional
Your loved one's quality of life depends, in part, on his/her ability to access the community. A huge part of our program is helping that person maintain their pride, dignity, and independence through the difficult life transition of a driving retirement.
Nancy Schuster, MBA
Director of Strategic Alliances
Keeping Us Safe