Aging Parent Drivers
This presentation was designed for family members, caregivers and loved ones of senior drivers.
Among other things, this presentation discusses many of the legal, ethical, and most importantly the emotional challenges faced by a family or professional caregiver when considering a loved one's retirement from driving. Presentation topics include:
- The "Driving Intervention Continuum"
- When and how should the conversations start?
- Who should do the talking?
- Creating a family driving agreement
- What other transportation options are available?
- What if the senior driver still refuses to stop driving?
- A review of national, state and local resources
- How to facilitate a smooth transition from the driver's seat to the passenger seat
This is a 1-hour group presentation developed to help members of the baby-boomer generation when they become concerned about a loved one's ability to drive safely as a result of the natural aging process. We provide a roadmap to help families address the issue with tact, compassion, and empathy, so that the older driver's dignity and independence is never unnecessarily jeopardized.
We would like to
schedule a presentation!
When older drivers feel they are being heard during our learning conversation, they are more likely to support, rather than merely comply with any
Founder, Keeping Us Safe